Monday, September 12, 2011

Back to Work

Hello everybody! Sorry for the delay in posts, I have been much busier these last 3 weeks than I was in the beginning. :-) Our little Charli doesn't sleep quite as often as she did, so the few hour breaks I get throughout the day are split between eating, dishes, laundry, cooking, and/ or naps if I'm lucky :-) And now that 3 weeks has passed, I unfortunately have to return to work tomorrow! I am very heartbroken to have to leave Charli all day, but I know she will be well taken care of. Its me, not her I'm worried about: I'm a big sissy!

These last few weeks have been a blast though. We have done some "at-home weigh-ins" and as of today I believe she is now around 10 lbs and over 24 inches long. When I look at her she looks so big. We had to move-on to size 1 diapers at 1 month old, and she is now slowly growing out of all her newborn outfits. The sleepers had to go first as she is too long for them and they enclose her little feet, but it won't be long before none of her newborn clothes fit anymore. So sad :-( But I have so many cute outfits to dress her up in, I am also excited for her to enter the new size groups. :-)

Around 3 weeks she dropped her early morning feeding and went down to 6 feedings a day and was sleeping almost 7 hours. We were still waking her up every 3 hours during the day to feed so after she was 4 weeks old, I decided to move her to a 4 hour schedule, which is where we are right now. She was totally ready for it! :-) We just started our "Baby Bootcamp" which is a baby friendly process to eliminate the last middle of the night feeding which will leave us with a baby sleeping ~12 hours through the night. I can't wait until we are there! As of now though, she eats around 8, 12, 4, and 8 and then goes down and typically sleeps until around 2-3, eats, then sleeps again until its time to get up at 7:45. I can't complain, we have been blessed with a baby who enjoys sleeping at night, and really doesn't give us any trouble going down for bed either....Now if I could only get her to do the same for her afternoon naps :-)

Even though its been 3 weeks since my last post, don't think those days went without pictures! Around 5 weeks Charli met both of her Great Grandfathers and her Great Aunt Kathy. Still many more Greats to meet as well as cousins and other family members! I added over 100 pics of our sweet little ones progress throughout the weeks so you can see for yourself how big she's getting- and I added the rest of the pictures to her newborn session! It blows my mind to see her so big and to think 6 weeks has past since the Dr handed her to us and our perfect princess entered our lives. No matter how big she gets I could still sit and hold her and stare at her ALL DAY LONG. I think Michael and I are the luckiest parents ever!!

With Love,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment