Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's a Wonderful Life

I love my life! I am happily married to the best husband in the world and we will be celebrating 4 amazing years this October, and we already have a wonderful  home and the smartest and sweetest dog that has ever been! And now we have the sweetest, most beautiful baby girl that I ever could have asked God for. And I am SO lucky, that I get to spend 100% of my time with her over the next six weeks, snuggling, kissing, rocking, staring and just plain loving on her. Some people may think I'm crazy, or maybe sleep deprived (which I'm surprisingly not), but I think I am the lucky one- I don't know what I did to deserve any of this but I am thrilled that God has blessed me so much :-)

So enough about me, I know you all want to hear about Charli. We have been very fortunate that she (like her momma) likes to sleep. We have to spend our energy waking her up to eat on time, which is so much fun because you can pick her up and kiss all over her and she doesn't wake up, and hardly any energy getting her to fall asleep. We started supplementing with a couple formula feedings per the Dr. and I must say I think he's a genius! Once we started that, I felt mounds better and started healing and resting well and just had a better sense of relief knowing she was getting some good full feedings. Michael and I also put together a schedule to start her on- its pretty flexible but its a great guide for us to try to stick to and is helping her get her body regulate. She now sleeps about 3 1/2 hours, eats, and then sleeps another 5 hours during the night and goes right back to bed after each feeding. Then when she wakes up at 9, she has a long wake time, which is wonderful because its just mommy and baby and we get to talk and play :-) I think daddy really enjoys the schedule too because he now gets the 6 am feeding while mommy sleeps, so he gets some great daddy & Charli time too.

On Monday we had our newborn picture session with Melinda Solfronk Photography. I highly recommend her to anyone looking to do any photo shoots, whether for whole family, school pics, babies, maternity, wedding, etc. She is amazing- you can see both our maternity pictures and the preview of Charli's newborn session with her on the right side of the blog- I can't wait to get the rest of Charli's session and will add those to the slideshow once we have them. Charli did wonderful- she slept and let you move her around as much as you wanted though she would them go back to the same sleeping position on her side :-) After she woke up and ate we got in a few more shots before she was just done and wanted us to leave her alone, but I think we got plenty of great pics! We have had lots of visitors and continue to welcome them to love all over her as well. We don't want to be selfish- we'll let everyone else see how amazing she is too :-)

We added a bunch of photos to the Picasa albums- check them out! Some of the quality isn't great as its hard to take pictures by yourself while your holding her, but I didn't want to hold any back because she just looks so dang cute in everything she does!! :-)

With love,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment